Monday, July 12, 2010

herro blogland

still on the cape and having quite the time.  yesterday lank and mama and i tackled The Breakwater in Provincetown which was amile long rock jetty stretching out across the bay.  This involved lots of jumps and landings and scrambles and leaps and crawls, and MY MOM HANDLED IT ALL!  for those of you who don't know, my mom has Mysthenia Gravis which is a really sucky neuro-muscular disease.  her immune system basically gets over-active and tries to destroy her muscles.  When i was little she was sick frequently, like to the point she had to go to the hospital and be in a wheelchair or on a ventilator.  Well thank g-d treatment has improved and with the new experimental meds she's on have given me a new physically fit mama!!  she came to cape cod last summer for a conference and couldn't walk more than three hundred feet WITH a walker.  Now she was able to do this physically challenging rock wall with me and not slow me down at all. 

When we got to the other side of rock jetty my brother decided we should go on over to the beach on the other side of these dunes.  he was like, it's right over this hill guys come on, and he ran off.  my mom and i slogged through the deep sand to get to the beach, surprised by a new hill after each dune that crested.  we finally got there and i looked out over the ocean and i saw huge black storm cloud.  oh geez.  so my mom took a quick dip in the ocean to cool off and we headed back just as the rain started.  we had the mile of big rocks to cross in front of us, and now they were wet rocks and we were being pelted by rain. then the thunder started and mom told us to climb down into the rocks.  when that stopped we resumed our climb and jump and leap and crawl and walk and finally made it, just as the rain stopped.  it was quite a harrowing adventure and i was so proud of my mama :)

Today I ran FIVE MILES!!! I am totally amazed I didn't realize it was that far until I googled it when i got back here.  that's pretty fricken sweet.  I also worked on the book.  My mom is taking a nap and after that I think we should be headed to a beach for some late afternoon/evening swimming.  and i wanna get frozen yogurt.  my (2nd eldest) sister laura and her bf dave are here too which is nice :)

we are staying at cottage grove in eastham and i recommend it.  i like it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment